So....

Everyone could use a new start. A space to develop, mindfully.
A safe base to reach out and explore from.
And a place to call home.


Love to hear from you....

........and if you share my concerns, my interests,
or have something to say please feel very
welcome to join the conversation,
I'd love to hear from you!

Monday 18 July 2011

Sounds great to me!

Hello folks, how is the start of the week going for you?  (for me, all attempts at finding my curly crafty font have failed, so we'll have to settle for this, sorry).


Today I have a few tips for you if you're interested in finding the music-to-live-by which is a little outside the remit of radio 2!  Over the weekend I did a little research.  I was interested to expand my music collection to include some new-to-me stuff which would enhance my growing interests and help with focussing my mind (and body) to make the most of my time on this spinning rock we call home!  


So,  I've put together a set of inspirational, devotional and ambient music which I think is pretty perfect for relaxation, yoga, meditation and intimacy.  There was so much to choose from and it got a little confusing but I found a system which helped.  
I started with 'the big store' (I'm sure you saw the new widget to the right here *points enthusiastically*) had a look through the listings for new age/ devotional artists.  Not being familiar with many of the artists I found most had tracks available on the MP3 downloads section so I spent (quite) some time having a listen (you can't rush this wonderful stuff) and this helped me select my CD's. Picked out what felt good, maybe checked out Youtube and the artists' own websites (left it open at Snatam Kaur's for continuous musical bliss whilst I did the ironing!).  Then if I liked what I found, added it to my wish-list or shopping basket.  I had a lovely relaxing shopping experience and I can't wait to get down on the mat to have the full experience!!!


If you get the chance, go and have a listen, and let me know what you think.  Also, maybe you have recommendations of your own you'd care to share!  And finally, I wonder if you've had the opportunity to see any of these in concert - I've seen Baka Beyond which was a wonderful experience for me but I would just love to see Snatam, Deval or the others:) *sigh*
Love pamela xxx
(p.s. funding new purchases by selling older CD's.  De-cluttering bonus side-effect, I love it!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela, it took me a long time to find your new corner!
    I'm soo behind on the music scene, I'm afraid! We get no radio (or TV) here, and our internet connection is too slow for music and videos ... my boys have just reached the age when exploring all kinds of music is very interesting to them, and so the music in our house is the music they choose, which "sounds great to me" except on those times when I have to ask them to use headphones!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Francesca, so great to hear from you! It's great when the kids start discovering music for themselves. I have three (grown-ups now) and it was really noisy at times. Great for me to have the space to fill with my choices now - oh, that's when I'm home-alone, it's a different scene when my partner is in - his taste is for seventies prog-rock, oh man!
    Headphones are good;)

    ReplyDelete